Closure of the Application for Qualification of the Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration, Development and Production Blocks in Uganda
KAMPALA 1ST JULY, 2015:
Following the publication of Notice of Request for Qualification (RfQ) for Uganda's Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration, Development and Production on 25th February 2015 in which six blocks within the Albertine Grabenwere presented, the Ministry has received a significant number of Application for Qualification (AfQ) from companies across the Globe.
The Process of receiving the Request for Qualification ended yesterday 30th June, 2015 at 17.00 hours East African Standard Time with the Ministry registering Seventeen valid applicants out of the Nineteen applicants that had registered and received the Request for Qualification.
The Albertine Grabenis Uganda's most investigated, de-risked and prospective sedimentary basin with surface coverage in Uganda of approximately 23,000 Sqkms. Following the conclusion of appraisal of most of the discoveries, the resources in the country are now estimated to be 6.5 billion barrels of oil in place and 500 standard billion cubic feet of gasin less than 20% of the Graben. Therefore, the six blocks on offer presents great opportunity to discover additional resources that will enhance the country's sustainability of oil and gas production and commercialization.
Dr F. A. Kabagambe-Kaliisa, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development noted the registration of Seventeen valid applications presents a significant milestone given the several challenges the entire oil and gas industry is going through. He further explained that Governmentwill undertake the evaluation of the Application for Qualification between 1st Julyand 30th July 2015. The qualified applicants will be displayed on10th August 2015.
The Permanent Secretary, further explained that Government will issue Request for Proposal/ bidding and the modal Production Sharing Agreement documents to qualified applicants on 20th August,2015. The applicants will then be required to bid for blocks or a block of their interest after the mandatory acquisition of data in the blocks or a block through the physical Data Room at the Directorate of Petroleum in Entebbe.
The companies that will submit the best evaluated bids will proceed to negotiate with government before signing Production Sharing Agreements with them. "Government has planned to award new Petroleum Exploration, Development and Production licenses before the end of this year if all goes according to the planned licensing roadmap," explained Dr. Kabagambe - Kaliisa.
On behalf of the Government of the Republic of Uganda, I wish to commend the following Oil and Gas Companies which have submitted the Expression of Interest:
- Rift Energy Corp from United States of America (USA)
- Mubadala Petroleum of United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- SASOL Exploration and Production International of south Africa
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Videsh Limited (ONGC) of India
- Petoil Limited from Turkey
- Atlas Petroleum International Limited from Nigeria
- Oranto Petroleum International Limited from Nigeria
- Niger delta Petroleum Resources from Nigeria
- Africa Global Resources (Telconet Capital Ltd Partnership-Tatneft-Rostec) JV from Russia
- Petrica Energy As from Norway
- PTT Exploration and Production PCL from Thailand
- Glint Energy LLC of United States of America (USA)
- Rapid Africa Energy (Pty) Ltd of South Africa
- Dragon Oil International Ltd of UAE
- BRIGHTOIL Petroleum Uganda Ltd of Hong Kong/China
- WALTERSMITH PETROMAN of Nigeria
- ARMOUR ENERGY Ltd of Australia
- Swala Energy Ltd of Australia
- Tullow Uganda Operation Pty Ltd affiliated to Tullow Ireland
Government will move forward the selection process in a professional manner with the above Oil Companies added Dr. Kabagambe – Kaliisa.
For further information, please contact:
The Senior Communication Officer,
Tel: +256 414 320714/+256794628754
- The 8th East African Petroleum Conference and Exhibition, March 2017, Bujumbura, Burundi
- Government of Uganda Issues Five (5) Petroleum Production Licences to Tullow Uganda Operations Pty Limited and Three (3) Petroleum Production Licences to Total Uganda B.V.
- Appointment of Executive Director for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda
- Bidders invited to negotiate Production Sharing Agreements in Uganda’s first competitive licensing round
- Joint Statement on the Second Ministerial Meeting on Uganda - Tanzania Crude Oil Export Pipeline Development
- Government suspends negotiations with Rostec Global Resources (RTGR) Consortium for the role of Lead Investor for the Uganda Refinery Project and draws the Bid Bond.
- Uganda and Tanzania agree on the Implementation Plan for the Hoima-Tanga Crude Oil Pipeline
- Government of Uganda receives seven bidders for the First Licensing Round
- Government of Uganda Holds Bidder’s Conference for the 1st Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration, Development and Production
- Government of Uganda signs MoU with Government of Tanzania, Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation and Total E&P Uganda on crude oil export pipeline framework
- Government of Uganda issues bid document under the licensing round for petroleum exploration, development and production blocks in Uganda
- Energy Week is round the corner
- Government Shortlists 16 firms in Uganda’s First Petroleum Licensing Round
- Uganda’s Licensing Round Applicants Represent Right Blend of Oil Companies.
- Government Incorporates the National Oil Company (NOC)
- Progress of Implementation of the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda, December 2015
- Call for Comments on Draft Uganda Standards on Petroleum Refining and Transportation
- Uganda’s Oil Projects Still Attractive for Investment Amidst Falling Oil Prices
- Closure of the Application for Qualification of the Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration, Development and Production Blocks in Uganda
- Road Show for Uganda’s First Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration, Development and Production
- Extension of Deadline for Submission of Applications for Qualification for Uganda's First Petroleum Licensing Round
- Promotional Events for Uganda’s First Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration, 2015
- Government issues bid Notice for the Sale of Accumulated Test Crude
- Government Announces First Petroleum Exploration Licensing Round in Uganda
- RT Global Resources emerges Selected Preferred Bidder in Uganda's Refinery Project
- Cabinet Approves First open Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration in Uganda
- Government issues Request for Final Offer for Lead Investor for Uganda’s Refinery Project
- Uganda’s petroleum resources increase to 6.5 billion barrels oil in place
- Uganda blessed with oil and minerals - Interview with Minister of Energy and Mineral Development
- Uganda’s Refinery Project Tender Progresses to the Negotiations Phase