Appointment of Executive Director for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda
KAMPALA, JULY 14, 2016 · I am glad to announce the appointment of Mr. Ernest Rubondo as the first Executive Director of the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU). The appointment which follows a recommendation by the Board of Directors of PAU ends a search for the Executive Director which started in January 2016.
The function of PAU is to monitor and regulate exploration, development and production of the petroleum in Uganda. These roles have previously been carried out by the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development and they will hitherto be taken over the Authority.
Mr. Rubondo holds a Master of Science degree on Petroleum Reservoir Geology from the Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine in the UK. He worked with the Petroleum Exploration and Production Department (PEPD) under the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development since its inception in 1991 and grew through the ranks to become the
head of Department in 2009. He later, in 2015, became the Director for Petroleum in the Ministry, a position he held until this appointment.
In the course of his career, Mr. Rubondo has been a key participant in the promotion of Uganda's petroleum potential, negotiating the country's Production Sharing Agreements (PSAs), monitoring the work of licensed oil companies and in negotiating the commercialization avenues for the country's crude oil. He has also been heavily involved in the formulation of the country's legal and regulatory framework including the National Oil and Policy and the recently enacted petroleum industry legislation for Uganda. He will take
up the new assignment at the beginning of September, 2016.
I am confident therefore that Mr. Rubondo's experience and leadership will be a great resource to the efficient start-up and operationalization of the Petroleum Authority of Uganda.
Dr. F.A. Kabagambe-Kaliisa
- Government of Uganda Issues Five (5) Petroleum Production Licences to Tullow Uganda Operations Pty Limited and Three (3) Petroleum Production Licences to Total Uganda B.V.
- Appointment of Executive Director for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda
- Bidders invited to negotiate Production Sharing Agreements in Uganda’s first competitive licensing round
- Joint Statement on the Second Ministerial Meeting on Uganda - Tanzania Crude Oil Export Pipeline Development
- Government suspends negotiations with Rostec Global Resources (RTGR) Consortium for the role of Lead Investor for the Uganda Refinery Project and draws the Bid Bond.
- Uganda and Tanzania agree on the Implementation Plan for the Hoima-Tanga Crude Oil Pipeline
- Government of Uganda receives seven bidders for the First Licensing Round
- Government of Uganda Holds Bidder’s Conference for the 1st Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration, Development and Production
- Government of Uganda signs MoU with Government of Tanzania, Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation and Total E&P Uganda on crude oil export pipeline framework
- Government of Uganda issues bid document under the licensing round for petroleum exploration, development and production blocks in Uganda
- Energy Week is round the corner
- Government Shortlists 16 firms in Uganda’s First Petroleum Licensing Round
- Uganda’s Licensing Round Applicants Represent Right Blend of Oil Companies.
- Government Incorporates the National Oil Company (NOC)
- Progress of Implementation of the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda, December 2015
- Call for Comments on Draft Uganda Standards on Petroleum Refining and Transportation
- Uganda’s Oil Projects Still Attractive for Investment Amidst Falling Oil Prices
- Closure of the Application for Qualification of the Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration, Development and Production Blocks in Uganda
- Road Show for Uganda’s First Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration, Development and Production
- Extension of Deadline for Submission of Applications for Qualification for Uganda's First Petroleum Licensing Round
- Promotional Events for Uganda’s First Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration, 2015
- Government issues bid Notice for the Sale of Accumulated Test Crude
- Government Announces First Petroleum Exploration Licensing Round in Uganda
- RT Global Resources emerges Selected Preferred Bidder in Uganda's Refinery Project
- Cabinet Approves First open Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration in Uganda
- Government issues Request for Final Offer for Lead Investor for Uganda’s Refinery Project
- Uganda’s petroleum resources increase to 6.5 billion barrels oil in place
- Uganda blessed with oil and minerals - Interview with Minister of Energy and Mineral Development
- Uganda’s Refinery Project Tender Progresses to the Negotiations Phase