Notice of Request for Qualification for the First Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration, Development and Production in Uganda (UG/LR 001/2015)
1. Pursuant to Section 53 (1) of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, the Minister with approval of Cabinet announced areas open for bidding for petroleum exploration licenses. Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development therefore is preparing for the competitive licensing of the announced areas. This licensing round will cover six blocks in the Albertine Graben (see MAP SHOWING TARGET BLOCKS) which is Uganda’s most prospective sedimentary basin.
2. The six blocks on offer are:-
a. The Turaco Block in Semliki area (Ntoroko District) covering an area of 425 Km2.
b. The Kanywataba Block in Semliki area (Ntoroko District) covering an area of 344 Km2.
c. The Ngassa Block (Hoima District) which covers an area 410 Km2.
d. The Taitai and Karuka Block (Buliisa District) covering 565 Km2.
e. The Ngaji Block (Rukungiri and Kanungu Districts) which covers 895 Km2; and
f. The Mvule Block (Moyo and Yumbe districts) with a size of 344 Km2.
Stratigraphic licensing will be considered for the Ngassa and Turaco Blocks.
3. The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development invites eligible parties to submit sealed applications for qualification to participate in the request for proposal / bidding phase to undertake exploration activities in the above named Blocks.
4. The process will be conducted in accordance with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda and the Petroleum Exploration, Development and Production Act, 2013.
5. Interested eligible applicants may obtain further information and inspect the request for qualification (RFQ) document at the address given in part 6 below from 08:30-16:30 Hrs on working days.
6. The Request for Qualification Documents will be issued to interested applicants upon payment of the non-refundable fee of USD 20,000 (US Dollars Twenty Thousand only).This payment shall be made to the following bank account. The RFQ can be handpicked or issued by email.
Account Name: Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
Bank Name: Bank of Uganda
Account Title: Energy and Minerals –NTR
Account No: 000170168000001
Swift Code: UGBAUGKA
Sealed Applications for qualification must be delivered to the address below at or before 29th May, 2015 at 10:00 am Local time.
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
Attn: The Manager, First Licensing Round
Petroleum Exploration, Development and Production Department
Plot 21-29, John stone Road
PO Box 9 Entebbe, Uganda
7. The planned schedule of activities is as follows:
• Publication of Notice of Request for Qualification - 26 February, 2015
• Closing date for receipt of Applications for Qualification - 29 May, 2015
• Evaluation of Expressions Applications for Qualification - 01 to 30 June, 2015
• Display of Qualified Applicants - 10 July, 2015
• Issue of Request for Proposal/ bidding document to qualified applicants - 20 July,2015